Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bad Recycling

My first submission for Vessel Victims is one that I don't have a photo of, but the mental image I have in my mind is so haunting that I want to share it. As I strolled recently amongst boats tied up at a marina in northern Canada, I spotted an 30' or 32' sailboat with the name ""SEA WASH." Okay, the name was bad enough to catch my attention, but it wasn't even applied well. There was too much space between the words. I wondered if it was a "homemade" sign job. Upon closer examination however, I was horrified. Appears that the original vinyl lettering spelled out "SEATTLE WASHINGTON." The owner had just scrapped off the ending of each word. I could still make out the faint dirty outlines of the original vinyl letters. I know that recycling is to be encouraged, but this is ridiculous. Such a sad situation for such a sweet little boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment